Use promo code: SHOOTTHELIGHT and get 10% off Macphun Pro products
First 250 customers receive a free 8×12 silver gelatin print from Digital Silver Imaging*First 250 customers receive a free 8×12 silver gelatin print from D
First 250 customers receive a free 8×12 silver gelatin print from Digital Silver Imaging*
During my 30 plus years career as a professional photographer and lab owner I have chemically developed thousands of black & white images, and utilized a number of high-end black and white software solutions in my creative endeavors. MacPhun’s Tonality Pro is in a league all its own. No other black and white software offers the subtle tonal variation, ease of use, degree of versatility, and professional image quality afforded with the proprietary 16 bit RAW processing engine. The advanced adaptive algorithms are cutting edge, the degree of global and selective control options combined with multiple layer, blend mode, and preservation of color data afford the digital artist unprecedented creative control. This software will definitely expand your creative horizons.
Highly recommended for any photographer seriously considering taking their imagery to the next level.
Look for my how-to webinars on Tonality and other MacPhun software on the MacPhun website.
Charles (Chas) Glatzer M.Photog.
Macphun Software releases Tonality, unique new software
for creating exceptional black and white images
RAW file support, professionally created film & style presets, effect layers and unique creativity tools make it easy for anyone to create incredible monochrome photos
Del Mar, CA —July 31, 2014 — Macphun Software, a leading innovative photography app developer with over 20 million users worldwide, today announced the release of Tonality, the fourth addition to it’s popular suite of powerful, easy-to-use photo software for Mac users of all skill levels. Tonality uses a proprietary 16-bit RAW processing engine, advanced imaging algorithms and a comprehensive set of unique digital darkroom features that enable photographers to create the highest quality black and white images possible with minimal effort and maximum creativity. To learn more and watch videos, visit www.macphun.com/tonality.
Tonality’s range of cutting-edge technology works harmoniously to produce stunning black and white images and creative styles simply not possible with any other tool. Starting with professionally inspired presets, Tonality includes powerful features like layer-based image editing, adaptive exposure and smart contrast, overlay textures, advanced clarity and structure detail, grain and film emulation, adjustment brushes and a selection of finishing tools for photographers to craft their finest work. Notably, each layer includes separate opacity controls, blending modes and preserves color data of the original image. This offers the ultimate in creative flexibility and permits photographers to do things they never before have been able to achieve.
“For many photographers, crafting dramatic black and white images is their favorite form of creative expression yet presents uniquely difficult and time-consuming challenges,”said Paul Muzok, CEO of Macphun. “We designed Tonality to overcome those challenges, and be not only the best app for those passionate about monochrome image making but also appeal to the casual photographer who is exploring the genre,”Muzok added.
Key Features of Tonality
- Professional image quality with proprietary 16-bit RAW processing engine
- Advanced algorithms and a streamlined user experience for superior results
- Scores of inspiring professional presets provide a wide range of one-click image styles
- Built-in organic-style overlay textures, plus user-loadable textures, for incredible creativity
- Unique adaptive exposure and smart contrast tools for advanced tone control
- Multiple effect layers, each with separate opacity controls, blending modes and preservation of color data offer true advancements in creative toolsets
- Adjustable, pressure-sensitive brushes and masking tools for precise selective edits
- Advanced clarity and structure detail controls yield dramatic results
- Proprietary grain engine with over 20 emulated film types
- Selective color using color channel sliders for unique stylistic expressions
- Glow, lens blur, vignette, photo frame and opacity controls for finishing touches
- Easy image sharing to popular social networks, and via email, instant messaging, AirDrop and SmugMug
- Macphun Print Lab services, powered by MILK
- Runs as either a standalone app or, in the Pro version, as a plug-in to popular image editing software like Adobe®Photoshop®, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom®, Adobe Photoshop Elements®or Apple®Aperture®.
Pricing & Availability – Use Code shootthelight for 10% off MacPhun Pro Products
Two versions of the software are available: As a limited time special offer exclusively on the Mac App Store, the standard version of Tonality is priced at $24.99. Tonality Pro, which adds the ability to run as a plug-in to popular host applications as well as several other features, has a suggested retail price of $69.99. Tonality Pro is also available as part of the Macphun’s Creative Kit Plus (combined with Snapheal Pro, Intensify Pro and Focus 2 Pro) for $149.99.
About Macphun Software
Macphun Software (www.macphun.com) is a California based Mac app developer focusing on consumer photography and professional digital imaging markets, serving over 22 million customers worldwide.
First established in 2008 with a mission to create innovative photography software, Macphun’s products such as ColorStrokes, Snapheal, Focus 2, Intensify and Fx Photo Studio are consistently ranked among the top 15 in the paid photography category on the Mac App Stores around the world. The company has recently launched another new app – Lost Photos – a unique free app that enables anyone to re-discover forgotten photos in their email, save them to a folder on Mac or share via social networks (www.macphun.com/lostphotos).